Furniture Care Tips
- Keep furniture out of direct sunlight.
- Avoid placing furniture in front of or under windows.
- Place furniture away from heating and air conditioning vents.
- Blot up spills immediately.
- Use coasters, placemats and tablecloths to protect furniture during use.
- Lift and place items instead of sliding across furniture surfaces.
- Rotate accessories on your furniture periodically.
- Avoid prolonged use of plastic and rubber items on your furniture.
- Dust your furniture regularly and polish every 4-6 months.
Q: What is DuraPella®?
DuraPella® is a high-tech fabric that is a breakthrough in comfort. DuraPella® consists of 100% MicroDenier Polyester Suede, which gives you the subtle look and elegant feel of suede, yet is durable and stain-resistant... the best of both worlds! Everyday spills like coffee, wine and even ball point pen are cleaned easily and effectively with a mixture of low PH balance liquid soap and water. You can enjoy luxury in everyday living with DuraPella®!
Q: Is there a way to touch up the finish on my furniture?
Touch up crayons and markers are available at local hardware and home improvement stores in a variety of color packs. These types of crayons and markers that are made especially for furniture work well in touching up most flaws Upholstery Care Your furniture plays an important part of the look and feel of your home decor. Understanding upholstery and how to care for your furniture is essential. Before attempting to remove a stain from your furniture, it is helpful to know what type of fabric the furniture is covered with. Most furniture companies provide standardized cleaning codes and instructions which list the preferred spot cleaning method.
Upholstery Cleaning Codes
S: Clean the fabric sparingly with a dry cleaning solvent that's water free. Test for color fastness, use sparingly.
W: Clean fabric with a water based solution, such as mild detergent and water or foam upholstery cleaner. Avoid over wetting. WS: Depending on stain, use a water based solution, dry-cleaning solvent or upholstery shampoo.
X: Fabric should be professionally cleaned only. Vacuum or brush lightly to remove any accumulation of dust, dirt and debris. Do not use cleaning solvents or water based products on fabric. Merison’s will soon have it’s own fabric and upholstery wipes for cleaning.
Check with Merison’s to find out more details. The cleaning results will amaze you!